Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tubes and Adenoids......check, check.....done

Little Will got his 2nd set of tubes and his adenoids removed last week. If you were to ask Will about the experience he would tell you that these 2 little ankle ID bracelets were the worst part about the whole thing. He must have thought they were 2 razors placed to cut his legs off!! HE SCREAMED at them and was constantly trying to rip them off up until they put him to sleep. Persistant little fellow!!
After we got home, he passed out for 2 1/2 hrs in my bed. I was pleasantly surprised because after his first round of tubes he screamed all day long. I had really mentally prepared myself for a repeat of "hell for a day," but instead got to sip on a cup of coffee and watch Regis and Kelly in my bed with him while he snoozed. I haven't done that since my maternity leave!!

After his long nap, he woke up and was really hungry! He sat and watched his favorite Dora the Explorer show and scarfed down 2 bowls of cheerios and bananas and slowly came around to his old self. His balance was a bit off and loud noises really startled him, but all of that was to be expected. Later in the afternoon he was ready to play.


Nana came up to help me and hang out for the day. This year, I was on a mission to have an Easter tree just like I did growing up. Pottery Barn had one of course, but I couldn't convince my hubby into that one. So...... Nana, Kate, Will, and I went out on a mission. We found the perfect branch in our neighbor's yard and Nana found some really cute and cheap easter eggs at the fabric store. We stuck the branch in our huge coin jar for a base and .....PRESTO we have what we call "The Poor Man's Easter Tree". As goddie as it sounds, my hubby the architect who is very let me put it this way "involved" in EVERY design aspect of our home, interior and exterior, actually thought it was a really clever and acceptable addition.
YEA!!! 10 points for us!!




1 comment:

Julie said...

So glad that the ear stuff went well, and bonus that you could watch Regis and Kelly! :) And I love the easter tree, super cute!!!