It's official...... WE HAVE A KINDERGARTENER IN THE HOUSE!!! And boy do Brett and I feel old now! Kate had her first day of school on Aug. 24th. She was so excited to start, as you can see by the ear to ear smile all over her face! 
We were up bright & early that first morning, all full of energy and a few butterflies in the tummies. Will really didn't get it at all, but totally played along with all the excitement including a huge awesome breakfast to start the day. The tears stayed away until 5 minutes before the bus pulled up. I looked over at Kate on the steps & her little eyes were blinking away a few tears. I had to pull it together myself & assure her that she would have an awesome day and there wasn't anything to worry about.
Kate is very fortunate that she gets to ride the bus with her best friend Parker each day. And even better, they are actually in the same classroom as well! They remind me of the "My Girl" couple from the movie. Always having fun together. 
Hugs and Kisses before the bus pulled up. I really had to hold back the tears when I saw this! By now, Brett's in the background wondering if he needs to go get me some valume to calm my nerves!

And she's off! Ms. Patty the bus driver is the sweetest lady ever and greets Kate every morning. If you asked Kate what her favorite part of school was for the first 3 weeks, she always replied with "Riding the Bus!" My favorite part is greeting her when she gets off the bus each afternoon because she is full of energy and always ready to tell me all about her day! I need to cherish this now as I don't think this excitement about school, let alone sharing all the details with her mother characteristic is going to be around until she's 18 yrs. old.

Kate sits with all the other kindergarteners in the front of the bus. We are very fortunate that her bus picks up 7 kindergarteners in our little neighborhood who have been friends for a long time. They just love the social time together before & after school!

"Mom, quit taking pictures!" is the look we have going on here. Kate is putting away her backpack in her cubby, while Will on the other hand is in the background making new friends with all the "Big Kids", showing off his Lightning McQueen sunglasses which he refused to take off when we got into the school.

"Goodbye Sissy, I love you!" was what came out of Will's little mouth. Will & I followed the bus the 1st day to walk Kate into her classroom, but once she sat in her seat she turned to me and said "Mom, you can go now. " I am so proud of how much this little "perimeter girl" as we called her has grown up in the past year! She may be the youngest in her class, but she sure doesn't show it! She absolutely loves school & has started reading more & more each day!
Hugs and Kisses before the bus pulled up. I really had to hold back the tears when I saw this! By now, Brett's in the background wondering if he needs to go get me some valume to calm my nerves!
And she's off! Ms. Patty the bus driver is the sweetest lady ever and greets Kate every morning. If you asked Kate what her favorite part of school was for the first 3 weeks, she always replied with "Riding the Bus!" My favorite part is greeting her when she gets off the bus each afternoon because she is full of energy and always ready to tell me all about her day! I need to cherish this now as I don't think this excitement about school, let alone sharing all the details with her mother characteristic is going to be around until she's 18 yrs. old.
Kate sits with all the other kindergarteners in the front of the bus. We are very fortunate that her bus picks up 7 kindergarteners in our little neighborhood who have been friends for a long time. They just love the social time together before & after school!
"Mom, quit taking pictures!" is the look we have going on here. Kate is putting away her backpack in her cubby, while Will on the other hand is in the background making new friends with all the "Big Kids", showing off his Lightning McQueen sunglasses which he refused to take off when we got into the school.
"Goodbye Sissy, I love you!" was what came out of Will's little mouth. Will & I followed the bus the 1st day to walk Kate into her classroom, but once she sat in her seat she turned to me and said "Mom, you can go now. " I am so proud of how much this little "perimeter girl" as we called her has grown up in the past year! She may be the youngest in her class, but she sure doesn't show it! She absolutely loves school & has started reading more & more each day!
We love you Kate Jane & couldn't be more proud of who you are!!
1 comment:
What a big girl! And good job Mommy for holding it together! Glad she loves school!
Post a Comment