Monday, July 30, 2012

Lake of the Ozarks 2012

We took our annual trip to the Lake again this year.  This year we all rented 1 large house to share.  It was AWESOME!  The kids had plenty of room to run around and we had 2 private docks to swim off of.


We mostly ate at the house, but a few times we ventured out with the munchkins to a restaurant.  We let them have their kiddy table away from the boring adults nearby.


Kate loved helping Brett drive the boat to and from the restaurant.

For a change of pace, we went up to the clubhouse pool.  Brett discovered how to turn on these roaring fountains for the kids.  They loved them!  We just had to keep reinforcing "DO NOT SIT ON THE FOUNTAINS!"  as they don't understand what an enema is or what it does to ones body!  Gotta love those crazy kids!


Kate has made leaps & bounds with her swimming skills this summer.  We have gone a little overboard a bit with 6 weeks of swimming lessons, but I have a bit of a fear of the water. I can keep myself a float, but don't ask me to save anyone if I don't have a life jacket on!   I want to make sure she can REALLY swim when it's all said and done.


The clubhouse has a nice playground with it.  As you can see, Will is still too much of a light weight to actually sit on the swing for fear that he may fly off!  Thus, he lays on it and plays batman most of the time.


He also loves to practice his balance skills "walking the plank."


Kate & Teagan spent most of their days in the lake.  They tried the sunbathing thing a little bit, but quickly realized the 100 degree weather didn't make that fun at all.


Swimming & eating was the name of the game for most of the trip.  Here I convinced Will to try some hummus. You can read his response to the taste pretty easily!

Aunt Jillian and her friend Steph flew in from New York for the trip.  We also were lucky enough to celebrate her bday while we were all together.  When she was young she loved these Barbie doll cakes.  So Carla & Lindsay surprised her with one.  Kate absolutely fell in love with it. I am betting we'll see one of these on her bday as well.

It took a lot of "No's" to keep Will's hands off that cake.

Another night we went with Brad, Darcy and their kiddos mini golfing.

Brett worked really hard teaching the kids how to grip the club and aim for the hole.  They did much better than the last time we went.

Pirate Will loved the game.  However, I must note that I, Yes I Jane,  was the overall winner of the putt-putt challenge.  3 Holes in 1 helped me wipe out Brad and Brett.  I wore the Pirate crown the rest of the evening just to rub it in as I am sure a win like that is once in a life time for me!


On our final full day we went to Frankie & Louie's for some beach fun.

Will loved swimming in the shallow water without his lifejacket.  However, it made me quite nervous as he would walk all the way in until his little chin went under before he'd realize it was getting too deep.  Yea, I was the crazy mother hawk with the constant eye on him the whole time.  Brett thought I was nuts I'm sure!

All in all it was a great family getaway! 



No comments: