Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom!  She has taught me everything I know about being a good mom,  a good wife and how to cook a good meal for my family to enjoy (almost) every night around the dining room table.  I love her so much!

The past 2 mother's days have gone down in the record book noting sick kiddos.  Strep throat always seems to creep into our house this time of year, so I was just planning on a 3rd yr of mother's day illness.  However,  Kate & Will stayed healthy this year! YEAH!!!   Brett and the kids made me a princess for the day.  Starbucks, beautiful cards, a fabulous brunch after church and grilled steaks for dinner!  On top of great weather, I couldn't ask for anything more!

We decided to get a lot of tasks done outside on this nice weekend.  Nana & Papa suggested we plant pole beans on the south side of our house for a try.  Brett went and got the beans and the kids were really excited to help with the planting.

Kate & Will are patiently waiting for Brett to give them the "go."  Here they are telling the story of "Jack and the Beanstalk."  Will is sure that our beanstalk will grow very fast and very high!  He assures me that even though his name is not Jack, he will be able to climb the beanstalk just as high.

Today I took a moment to thank our Lord for these 2 blessings he has given me.  They keep me on my toes, test my patience and make me laugh until I cry!  I love them so much and am so proud to be called their Mom!    

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! So glad....and we are definitely blessed!