Sunday, November 3, 2013

First Days of School catch up.

School has been underway for a few months now,  and I am finally around to posting some pics from the first few days. Kate's school always starts the year with an Ice Cream Social to bring everyone in to meet their teachers, see their classrooms and most of all......figure out what friends are in their class.

In 2nd grade you get a locker for the first time.  Kate shares with a neighbor friend of ours named Annie.  She loves having a locker and requested a mirror and dry erase board for messages for her bday to accessorize her space.

Ms. Rothfus is Kate's awesome teacher this year!  Kate adores her so much.  Ms. Rothfus keeps a tight ship, but also knows how to have a lot of fun with her students.

This year she has decided she wants to be an Art teacher when she grows up.  Definitely didn't get those skills from me!

Kate loves riding the bus to and from school each day.  I think the fact of being able to ride with your friends without parents and without seatbelts makes it the BEST TIME EVER!

Will and I had a big change in our schedules.  Will has been going with me to work for the past 5 years.  His daycare was on the ground level of the rehab facility that I work part time at.  Many days, his teachers would walk him up to my office around the time I usually pick him up so he could hang out with me while I finish up.  Will LOVES coming up to my office and playing with all the therapy equipment.   So it was a definite change for us when he started 1/2 day kindergarten this year.  I now have 2 drop offs before heading downtown to my office. 

Will took cupcakes on his last day at the daycare.  His friends loved the treats, and Will Loved being the center of attention.
Will started 1/2 day kindergarten right after Labor Day.  This year he says he is going to be a scientist when he grows up.

Brett and I were so fortunate that Will got a spot in the kindergarten program at Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church this year.  You pretty much have to put your name on the waitlist on the day your child is born to MAYBE get a spot 4-5 yrs. later.  Therefore,  I was shocked when the director called and told us we got in!!!  It is a fabulous program with a small class size of 13, which is exactly what my little firecracker -I don't want to sit down-son Will needs. 


Every day he checks himself in for attendance.

And then casts his vote for the book to be read to the class that day.

Will's bday fell on the 2nd day of school.  Mrs. Basler helped him fill out this wonderful list of favorites for a keepsake.

Like I said,  we love Mrs. Basler and the program Will is in this year.  He is learning so much and having a blast doing it.  Brett and I both feel like Will will be more than ready for full day kindergarten next year. 

No comments: