Sunday, March 28, 2021

4th of July & Goodbye to the Penn St. House.

We traveled back to our hometown of Williamsburg to celebrate Independence Day with Nana & Papa.  The kids love all the fun activities on the square including the face painting.  
This looks great but didn't last long.....Will has a hard time not touching his face :)
Pony Rides are always fun! 

And chill time/nap time in the afternoon! 
A trip to the Pizza Haus is always on the to do list when when we visit the Burg!  
July 4th 2018 was our final celebration at my childhood home on Penn Street.  My parents sold the house and are building a new ranch style home just a few minutes away.  I was pretty emotional as this was the only home I lived in from birth until the day I got married.  
My parents kept the painting the house that hung above the fireplace as memory of how the house looked when they originally bought it back in 1979.  
The piano that I played from kindergarten through high school is getting loaded up and delivered to my house in Clive!   I can't wait!!
This picture shows the pane of glass that I broke when I was a toddler and was never fixed :)

My mom and I spent SO many mornings and late afternoons on the front porch discussing life.  

Good bye to 706 Penn Street!   I hope the new family moving in will create as many wonderful memories as we did!   
 

No comments: