
Kate would like to prove to me that she is all grown up and can do EVERYTHING "All by Myself" each and every day. Her current missions are......
1: Dressing Myself. The underwear, pants, socks, and velcro shoes are a piece of cake. The shirt can sometimes be a hassle and the belt is the toughest part, but she's starting to get it.
2. "I can cook just like Mommy!!" I definitely don't want to be one of those "Stay out of my kitchen" moms, so I am really trying to let her be a part of prepping supper at night. I have to admit, this requires a lot of patience and many times a lot more work! Although, a positive from this is that while she is busy with me she isn't fighting with her brother!
3. "I will teach Will everything I know." Here she is teaching Ring around the Rosey. Her version includes not only "We all fall down," but "We all fall down and I drag you by your arms across the living room until Mom or Dad catches me because.....
"ACTUALLY MOM, HE REALLY LIKES IT!"
3. GYMNASTICS!!! We decided to start Kate in Gymnastics a few weeks ago at Chow's Gymnastics and Dance. This is where olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson does her training. Now Brett and I are pretty realistic and know that given her genes, (sorry Kate!!) odds are the athletic ability to be the next Shawn Johnson probably isn't there. However, we are hoping these classes will help her learn a little more coordination, because if the genes are correct, coordination training is always a good thing!! For example, I totally lost it and fell on the ice landing halfway down our front steps a few weeks back. Really painful and extremely embarrassing in front of our neighbors!!!!
Here is Kate during her class. She is in the center of the pic on the balance beam. She loves going and I really do think this will prevent her from being a clutz like her Mommy!!
1 comment:
I'm hoping for the next Shawn Johnson!! :) You never know!! Kate, you are growing up so quickly!! What a big girl!!! PS I can leave comments now! :)
Post a Comment