Saturday, July 3, 2010

Goodbye Nursery!!!

Brett and I decided that we want to keep the kids milestones along the same timeline. When Kate was 20 months old we had to move her into her Big Girl room and bed because Little Will was on the way. So..... with quite a push from my hubby, we decided to start the transition with Will now at 21 months old. Here's a final pic of the beloved nursery, I'm sure I'm the only teary eyed one reading this!!

I put both the kids in the crib for a final shot. This was really hard for me to do. Especially knowing that crib isn't going up again, at least that's the plan anyway.


So the transition from a unisex design to a Boy's room begins. If you know my hubby... the Cardinals and Hawkeye's top his list!! Well, the room isn't big enough to do a black wall for black and gold, so the Cardinal theme got the go ahead. Hence the red wall in the background.



Nana spoke before she really thought things through the night before we started and asked Kate and Will if they would be helping with the painting!!! Back in the day when my parents remodeled their 2nd floor, the plaster walls were coming down. So Garth and Vickie allowed John, Josh, and I to color all over the walls. A great art activity if your going to demo. the room, but quite a hair puller outer if your just painting. But the kids did have a blast "helping."



And of course.... the paint was all over the walls, drop clothes and Will by the end of the adventure. Sorry. No pics of the finished product as a few details are still missing. But since we won't be heading back to Williamsburg tomorrow like we had planned due to the rain, maybe we'll get the room done instead. I won't hold my breath.


Have a great Holiday!!






No comments: