
I know I posted this pic on my last blog, however I just wanted to take note that this was the last day Will had his pacifier, EVER!!!! Brett and I said after our vacations this summer the paci was gone. Brett really keeps me in check with keeping the same milestones for the 2 kiddos. Example.... move to the big boy/girl bed: 21 months, drop the paci... 23 months.

So this is how we did it for both kids. Will came home on August 9th to find all of his pacifiers (that's 12 to be exact!!! Hey you always want lots of spares for those crazy nights!!) lying on top of his bed with the nipple cut in half!!!! Here he is discovering that they all "broke."

Okay, I don't know how to rotate photos and my hubby is busy studying for his board exams so we'll have to deal with it. Here Will is repeatedly stating "Paci broke...Paci broke!"

Finally, he took each paci 1 at a time and threw them away in the trash. This obviously took a while with 12 reps, however I think I've heard you have to do something 12 times to make it a habit. And it must have worked!! He cried for 30 minutes the first night after I put him in his bed. The next night.... no crying. Occasionally every once in a while he would ask "Paci?" and we'd reinforce that it broke. Eventually training led to a little brainwashing as now he tells everyone he sees " No paci, BIG BOY!!!"
Yea for Will! Next on the list..... drinking from a big boy cup at meals without spilling all over the table!!!
1 comment:
Way to go Will!! :) You are getting out of all those hard milestones, but I'm afraid potty training is also still looming in the horizon! I'm going to need tips for a little boy named Brady, I'm sure! Can't wait to see you next week!
Post a Comment