Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Birthdays and Racing


Brett and I got to get away to celebrate our birthdays and one of our great college buddy's wedding a few weeks ago. It was so nice going on a date again and sleeping in in the morning!! Brett is struggling a bit with the BIG 3-0! But slowly is getting use to the idea. Here we are at the wedding reception having a blast!

And the architects meet again!! These boys pulled so many all nighters together during architecture school trying to meet those project deadlines. I sometimes am so amazed they got through it. They had so much fun goofing off again like they always did!


It is too bad we can't find more time to get together like we use to. Instead we all keep having babies!! We tried to plan a gathering for next summer at the Lake. Let's hope we can all keep it on our calendar. I'll cross my fingers!
After our St. Louis trip we came back to the Burg for a family birthday party. Pizza Haus pizza, cheesecake, and chocolate zuchini cake, can't get much better than that!! YUMMY!!



The following week I ran Race for a Cure with my great running buddies Lori and Shelly. Wow!! How inspiring! The race went great and I was really happy with my time! I'm really getting addicted to this running thing. Lori has done 2 marathons so she's a great trainer for me. The Des Moines 1/2 marathon is our goal for next year....... one mile at a time.
Wish me Luck!!!



3 comments:

Julie said...

Hooray..so excited to hear about your running goals! :) You can do it! Glad you and Brett got away for the birthday....looks like fun! We have to chat soon for our next scheduled date!

Beth said...

Jane!!! I'm glad you love running now! :) I found your blog via Julie's!!! Your little fam is sooooo cute!!!

Unknown said...

Dear Jane,
Thanks for allowing me to be in on all the fun and activities you, Brett, Kate and Will are enjoying together. What a great group you are! I'm looking forward to seeing you a week from next Saturday!

Love, Grandma Van Zee