WOW did I get behind! I do have an excuse. A. The holidays are a crazy time of year. I think I, along with every other mother, Got around 4 hours of sleep each night of December trying to keep my head above water with holiday responsibilities. Although, I must have done okay because Brett never said the word Grinch to me at all!! Kate and Will's month started out great as they received their own personal letter from Santa telling them that Uncle Johnny told him to go ahead and put them on the "Nice List" for the year. It was an adorable little letter I must say!
In addition to the Advent Train filled with Hershey's Kisses, we decided to to the paper chain countdown as well. I had to double it to 50 links so each child could tear 1 off each night. And then to top it off, I strung the whole thing across the light fixtures in the kitchen, just add the tacky effect. Brett just rolled his eyes at me. 
Johnny and Josh arrived on the 18th so we could celebrate Johnny's bday in Iowa. We had a cookie decorating contest as part of his party. Little did we all know that my brother Josh was such an artist! He came up with some awesome designs that blew us all away! It was a ton of fun, and I believe Josh did walk away the Big Winner of the night with his cookie design titled "Tree of Soles."
Finally, we all got an early xmas present with the arrival of my new neice Lauren Mckinley Alertsen on the 17th. She is adorable and Kate and Will are so excited to have a baby around! The best part about it for me is that I can get my little baby fix when I need it, but then send her home to Mommy Lindsay at the end of the night!! CONGRATS LINDSAY & SHANE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment