 |
| Well, the time has come. I can't believe how fast Kate's first year of school went by! I feel like I took this pic of her on her 1st day just yesterday! |
 |
| Here she is..... all pumped and ready to go on her last day! I cannot believe how much this little girl has grown this yr! Watching her learn to read & write was unbelievable! She was a little sponge, always ready to be challenged more. I hope this enthusiam for learning sticks with her (I've got my fingers crossed anyway!) |
 |
| The Kindergarten celebration party was an awesome TEAR JERKER for me. The class sang a song, participated in a Reader's Theatre & received their diplomas. There was a great slideshow at the end which really got my eyes a watering. |
 |
| Funny story about the diplomas.... There I was with 2 cameras trying to catch every last second of the special event. Will is a squirmy wormy all over the place, and poor Nana is trying to keep him quiet to not disturb everyone. I waited and waited for my little star to get her name called. All of a sudden, Ms. Boruff stands up and starts to move on to the next part and there's little Kate, all by herself on the carpet as her name wasn't called to get her certificate. Well the Mother Lion in my started to growl ( not quite a ROAR) to bring the teacher's attention to the error. Needless to say, Ms. Boruff felt aweful. Kate's diploma was left on the back table in the room. Once it was found all was good and everyone applauded. Kate was a real trooper & didn't let it phase her. Plus, my mom had a great response and said, "They must have accidentally put your's with all the 1st graders!" Way to lighten it up Nana! |
 |
| Kate did an awesome job in the Reader's theatre. She practiced her Narrator lines all week. There was 1 little word that she got hung up on quite a bit....... ESSENTIAL. We practiced it & practiced it so she would get it on the big day. While she was up front waiting to begin I could read her little lips rehearsing "essential, essential, essential." When her time came, she hit the nail right on the head! She spoke nice and loud and clear. |
 |
| Kate loved having Ms. Boruff for her teacher. She is so enthusiastic and animated with the children! She throws her life into teaching and making the kids the best they can be. Well done, as I couldn't be any more prouder of my little superstar! She may have been the baby in her class (as I quote her from the 1st day of school..."Mom, there are kids that are 6 in my class! Do you realize I am only 4?!" ) but she didn't let that hold her back 1 bit. She took off and never looked back! |
 |
| After school, we celebrated with a trip for ice cream. |
 |
| Will really dislikes ice cream, so he jumped at the hotdog instead. |
 |
It was a great end to the year. Wow do I feel old having a 1st grader now. Kate definitely proved her intelligence and indepence this year. I can't imagine the degree of excitement in all the years to come.
GOODBYE KINDERGARTEN.......HELLO 1ST GRADE! |
Finally, here's a clip of the Goodbye Kindergarten song that Kate's class sang. My tears really started to flow with this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment