Wednesday, September 19, 2012

6 yr & 4 yr old Wellchecks.....

We had our annual Wellchild visits with our pediatrician, Dr. Rinderknecht today.  We were very pleased with Kate's growth.  She gained 3 lbs this year, now weighing in at 44 lbs.  That places her in the 45th percentile, just perfect for her.  She also grew 3 inches this year.  She is 47 inches tall, placing her in the 85th percentile for height.  I can definitely see her ending up taller than me by the time she gets done growing.    Her legs just keep on growing! 
So what's going on in the life of 6 yr old Kate these days....
1.  She loves her gymnastics class & practices her cartwheels all the time.
2.  Her favorite classes in school are P.E.  and Spanish. 
3. She loves to read Junie B. Jones books and Highlights magazines.
3.  She loves to play with "Anja' her American Girl doll.  She also loves to play school and pretend she is a vetrinarian taking care of lots of different animals. 
4.  Her favorite food is pickles!  She has been trying to find other pickle lovers at school because she is adament that she is going to start a "Pickles Club" for a kids that love pickles.
5.  Physically she is gaining a lot of upper body strength from climbing the rope and working on the parallel bars in gymnastics class.  She actually ran a mile today in P.E. in 14 min and 45 seconds!  Kate & I are planning on running in the Color Run when it comes to Des Moines in October. 
6.  Kate loves her bits of independence.  She loves riding the school bus to & from school with her friends and having friends over to play or for slumber parties whenever I give the go. 
7.   If I could describe Kate in 3 words I would say..... Nurturing,  Smart and Talkative. 
Kate is a thinker.  She never ceases to amaze me with her extraordinary thoughts and ideas. 



This little guy was a bit nervous about going to the doctor today.  But once we got there he found his courage & did a great job. Not a single tear was shed, which is amazing when I compare it to his Oscar worthy meltdown at the dentist a few months ago!   I am pleased to announce that Will has made his way back ONTO THE GROWTH CHART!!!  In May 2012 he continued to not weigh enough to make the chart..... But today he weighed in at a whopping 28 lbs, placing him @
the 1st percentile mark!  He gained 2 lbs and 2 inches in the past year.  His height now is 38 inches, get ready for it......placing him in the 9th percentile!!!  Yippee!!   Despite his small stature, Dr. Rinderknecht has no worries and stated that he would much see him on this side of the growth curve than the other, as many kiddos today have problems with being overweight.   We are however going to go visit our ENT in a few weeks because this little spitfire snores like a 200 lb man!  His tonsils are huge!  It's looking like he is going to need them taken out, just like his sister. 
So what's going on in the life of little Will.......
1.  He loves  play "fighting" with anyone who is willing to be slightly beaten during the "play fighting."
2.  He rotates through wearing his spiderman, batman, & captain america costumes on a weekly basis.  He is obsessed with superheros right now.
3.  His favorite activity at Preschool is playing on the playground, singing songs and making food in the kitchen station in the classroom.
4.  His favorite songs to sing are...."It started with a Whisper, "  "Firework" "Dynamite" and "Call me Maybe." He may be the next Justin Bieber some day!
5.  He is super pumped to be 4 because he doesn't have to nap anymore! Although if forced to lay still, he will fall asleep in a flash and crash for 2 hours!
6.  Will likes his gymnastics class with the exception of the balance beam.  He throws a fit everytime Ms. Karen makes him walk across the high beam.  I have a gut feeling he's always going to have a fear of heights, but I hope I'm wrong. 
7.  He loves to play "puppy" with his sister whenever she will play with him. Kate plays the master & Will is the Puppy.
8. Physically, Will loves to run, jump & swim.  He did very well in swim lessons this summer dropping the lifejacket pretty easily.  Will can get himself dressed & undressed,  complete all aspects of toileting independently, cuts well with scissors, and can write his first name with great legibility.  He is really working hard on his ABC's at preschool.
If I could describe Will in 3 words......... strong minded,  friendly,  outgoing. 



I can't believe my babies are 6 and 4 yrs old.   WOW does time fly.  I have learned to try to take a moment to cherish our life as much as I can, because they are growing up so fast right in front of my very eyes!
I thank God every day for my bundles of joy.  I love them to the moon and back!!

No comments: