Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Will's 1st Day of Preschool!

Finally Will's day has come to be in the school spotlight!  He has been waiting & waiting for his day to start preschool.  He was so excited when he woke up this morning.  When I asked him what he would like to be when he grows up, he didn't hesitate before yelling, "A Race Car Driver!"

Kate did a lot of pep talking before she boarded her own bus for school.
1.   Remember to wash your hands as soon as you get there. 
2. If you have to go pee, tell the teacher and run to the bathroom so you don't have an accident.
3.  Don't hit and listen to your teacher.  (Will has been playing "fighting" during his playtime which has resulted in small injuries occasionally.)

After lunch,  his Children's Garden class was all hyped up & ready to load up!

Riding in the back of the van may be Will's favorite part of the whole preschool event.

Here we Go!!!  I think Will got a few butterflies right about this time as his pace really slowed down walking to the front door.

But as soon as we got inside, the feisty Will returned.  He was all about telling me & everyone else where things were and where we needed to stand and wait. 


He is a wee bit too short to get that big backpack up onto his hook.

Putting his name tag on the board, just like the teacher asked him to. I asked him for a hug & kiss before I left.  He did just that and then said, "Bye Mom!", turned around and ran off with his friends.  What a big boy! 

When I picked him up at the end of his day he said, "Mom, that was the best field trip ever!!"  I laughed to myself & explained that he actually gets to go back & do the same thing tomorrow.  He was so pumped to hear that.  I am still in shock that my "baby" is now a preschooler!  I held my emotions together, mostly because I can see how excited he is to move on to the next step in his development.  I think this little guy is going to have a great year!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yay for 2 in school already! I felt like you just birthed Will. :) Glad he is enjoying it so far!