Sunday, March 17, 2013

Winter Run Around

Winter seems to be dragging on a bit in Iowa this year.  I think I can speak for a lot of my Mom friends when I say I have had to get pretty creative with finding fun indoor activities to do.  Kate & I had a girls day at the mall a few weeks ago. The PROM DRESSES are out!  Kate loved  looking at all the princess dresses, dreaming of which one she would wear if she were going this year.  Here's a pic of the final choice.  Long on her, but I'm guessing that would be a pretty short gown if she was 18!  I don't know if daddy would approve of this one or not?

Will's prechool does a great job at hosting family nights every few months at the school.  It's crazy having all those preschoolers running wild, but the kiddos love it.  Here Will is showing us where he finds his "job" for the day.  He says his favorite job is the meterologist and gumball helper.  He doesn't like being the sock helper.  I'm not quite sure if I can explain the job description of the gumball helper or sock helper, but Will is confident on what he likes and doesn't like to do.

Finally, we headed up to Ames for an Iowa State gymnastics meet a few weeks ago.  Both Kate & Will take gymnastics at Chow's here in DSM.  Well, they had "Chow's day" at Hilton.  All of Chow's team members got free admission and the competitive team performed before the meet.  Kate was so excited to go!  AND she got to meet Cy and the cheerleaders.  This was a little weird for us being the hawkeye fans we are, but we left our black and gold at home to fit in and enjoy the day.  It was a ton of fun watching the Cyclones win against Minnesota. 

No comments: