Monday, April 1, 2013

More winter fun

It seemed like the snow never quit this year.  Kate had 3 snow days this year.  One of the days she spent half the day outside with our neighbor Parker building snowmen and sledding in the backyard.

One of the downfalls of living in a house with a steep driveway is that we have to clear the snow if we plan on getting our cars into the garage.  Since I work part time and am always home first, I got the pleasure of shoveling the driveway on the day of the biggest snow.  On a positive note, I got a great workout doing it.  I was sweating up a storm by the end of it. I had to take a picture because I was pretty proud of myself after this one!

Trying to come up with creative activities is always a goal of mine.  This day we  made boats out of laundry baskets.

Brett went on a skiing trip to Colorado the first weekend of March.  So Nana came for a vist.  She decided to teach Kate how to make a scarf.  I never showed any interest in sewing growing up, so she's trying to convince Kate on how cool it is.

The final product!

Homemade pizza has always been a favorite around here.  Back in grad school when Brett and I had very little money, we would buy the 50 cent pizza crust mix, cheese, pepperoni and sauce.  Then we would rent a movie and make a  pizza together as our date night.  It was a really cheap date and always a lot of fun! 

Will had more cheese on the floor than on the pizza, but he loved it!
Finally,  Kate & Will had their 6 month dental cleaning recently.  Will screamed bloody murder the last time he went.  So we talked it up quite a bit this time to avoid the fear and embarassment.  Well, it obviously worked!  He laughed the entire time and kept saying it tickled! 

No comments: