Sunday, July 10, 2016

January 2016 Happenings

January was full of lots of indoor activities.  Will had his 6 month follow up to make sure the prescription in his glasses didn't need changed.  Thankfully, it continues to be right on for him. We get to stick to the same glasses for now.  He loves his eye doctor Dr. Bell.  And he REALLY likes seeing to big close up picture of his eyeballs on the flatscreen! 

We finally got enough snow to make a snowman.  This year, Kate and Will took it a bit further and started to recreate the manger scene.  We got the stable, Baby Jesus and Mary done before we ran out of snow for Joseph.  

Swim team was in full swing all month.  Both Kate and Will really enjoy being on the team.  They love swimming and LOVE hanging out with their friends just as much (maybe even more)!  I like being in the warm humidity several nights a week.  If I close my eyes I can imagine myself on a warm beach!! 

Will had a celebration and presentation of his first Project Completion under the new New Tech Network, Project based learning curriculum at our school.   Here is the scroll he wrote starting with the #1 and writing all the way up to the Number 1,000!

His project involved being given a bunch of random supplies and instructed to make a light and sound source for the boy scouts to utilize if they ever get lost.  

We did A LOT of baking during the month of January.  You can never have too many chocolate chip cookies. 

Will would pick cookies over ice cream any day!

Will can always find something to do with an empty box.  I have a lot of boxes since becoming an amazon prime member.  One day he made a little home for all of his smaller stuffed animals.  

Will is VERY PICKY about his goggles!!  They have to fit JUST RIGHT or he will not wear them.  After a few tries, I finally got the right ones!!  He was so excited he wore them through the whole evening the first day he got them. 

Kate qualified for STATE again this year!!!  This was a huge accomplishment as she is really young in her age division this year and had to work extremely hard to get her times down to qualify in 2 events this year.......   The 100 Breast and the 50 Breast.   

Finally, we had the Iowa Caucus in January.  It was a lot of fun the week before the big Tuesday event as we had a lot of big names in Des Moines.  In fact,  Ted Cruz, his wife and kids actually sat next to Brett and I the Sunday before the caucus!  WOW were we picking our jaws up off the floor when they started walking into our row and taking a seat!!  Brett was actually out of town on the day of the caucus.  So I took "my future little Republicans" with me to the Caucus.  Those of you who know Brett and I, we are not members of the same political party.  Although,  he calls me a "Liberal Republican."  And I call him a "Conservative Democrat."   I am amazed how much we have grown more and more a like in our views in our 12 years of marriage!!   

No comments: