Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bday Party in Scottsdale!

This year, my baby brother Josh turned the big 30!!  My mom and aunt flew down to Scotsdale to celebrate with him and my other brother Johnny.  What Josh didn't know is that my dad and I would fly down a few days later to surprise him for his special bday!  He was so surprised when he opened the front door and saw me standing there SCREAMING Happy Birthday!

We always have a blast when we all get together, no matter where we are. 

A large portion of our trip was spent picking lemons from Johnny & Josh's lemon tree to make yummy martinis and laying by the pool sipping all day long.  The best part about Arizona is you know you can always count on good sunny weather to lay at the pool.

My Mom was in her glory having all 3 of her kids together.  She was the happy homemaker the whole trip making yummy meals for everyone.  (That's who I get my cooking skills from for sure!!)

2 years ago when I visited I was in the heat of training for my first half marathon.  I was running 10 and 11 mile runs in the Arizona heat.  This year I was not training for any race.  Therefore, most mornings I took a nice jog through the golf course behind my brother's house.  WOW  what an awesome view!

It's always so much fun getting together with Johnny & Josh.  When you don't get to see each other very often, it makes the few times are together SO much fun!

We tried out a few fun places to eat in the Scotsdale area.  We just loved dining outside for every meal.

Josh wanted to go on a dinner train for his bday, so my parents made it happen.  they booked the caboose for our private party to ride in for a 4 hour train ride through the Verde Canyon. 

No comments: