Sunday, June 9, 2013

Star Student and Baker

I'm a bit behind in my posts.  Back in May Kate was the Star Student for a Week.  The class went in alphabetical order, so poor Kate had to wait 24 weeks before it reached her turn.  Boy was she excited to get on the bus the 1st day of her star week.

The same week,  Will's preschool class hosted a bakery day at school.  Will was chosen to be one of the servers for the event.  He did a great job and got really excited when I walked in the door. 

Kate got a special chair to sit in all week, along with other fun privledges.  On Friday she gave her presentation about herself.  Brett, Will and I attended.  She did a great job explaining her pictures, sharing her favorite books and memorable items.

At the end of the presentation, there was time for Kate to take questions.  I couldn't believe the number of questions the children had for her to share more about herself.  She just loved being the center of attention.  At the end, we all completed a page explaining what we like about Kate Van Zee.  Then Ms. Burger put all the sheets into a book for her to take home.  I thought that was a cute idea.  Some of Kate's classmates remarks included......I like Kate because......"she is so smart."  "she is a good reader," and "she is a nice friend."  WAY TO GO KATE!

On another note,  we planted some beans along 1 of our fences this year.  The kids were so excited to plant the seeds. 

Kate & Will were convinced that we would have a beanstock to climb very soon.  The beans are growing pretty quickly, but I don't see a future beanstock quite yet.

Finally,  Kate finished up her Young Beginners gymnastics class at Chows.  On her last day she climbed the rope 1 last time (much easier than the last time I must add).   She starts her summer class in the Beginner Girls level soon.  She loves gymnastics and it's great exercise for her. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do believe all of the concepts you've offered on your post. They're very convincing and can certainly work.
Still, the posts are very quick for beginners. May you
please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.



Feel free to surf to my webpage anti cellulite treatment