Brett and I feel like all we talk about at the dinner table are "Happy Plates" AKA empty plates from the kids eating ALL THEIR DINNER! I swear it kills them to have to sit down in a structured task and eat. They would much rather walk around and graze/snack all day long. So we made the rule.... No one leaves the table without a Happy Plate. And we make a huge deal out of their task achievement each night. So here's a typical exciting moment at our house where we all had "happy plates!"

On another note, the kids have a picture list of everything that has to be done each morning before the bus comes for school.(ya, that's the therapist coming out in me, I know!) Will's picture schedule is pretty simple.... dress, brush teeth, breakfast, coat & shoes. So the other day, I prompted Will to get his coat on (of note, it was one of those beautiful warm April days). I came into the room to find him in this. His winter coat, hat and Rudolph Antlers from his Christmas program! I didn't want to rain on his parade, so I let the little fella ride to school in all his gear so proud of his independent accomplishment! I stripped a layer off of him before he went into preschool. Gotta love his independence!
1 comment:
Love the happy plate idea! Seriously, why is it so hard for the children to sit and eat?!!! We bribe with dessert, which usually works, but sometimes it doesn't! Love the antlers Will! NICE.
Post a Comment