Sunday, August 4, 2013

He's Official......so let's start the basement!!!





Okay,  I can't figure out how to get this specific pic to rotate!!  It's driving me NUTS, and I am so sorry!  So everyone reading this must now turn their head and read this beautiful certificate.  Brett is now an official LISCENSED ARCHITECT in the state of Iowa.   Lots of studying and 7 Board exams later and He Is DONE!!!  So.........


Now he has started on our basement remodel!!!   1st step:  cutting the foundation and putting in 2 windows.  Thank heaven my dad and Brett know quite a bit about construction.  They had the expertise to dig the window wells and cut the foundation themselves.  It took many long nights to dig the 2 holes.  In fact, I thought the neighbors might call Brett in because he really looked like he was digging a grave in the backyard with big spotlight shining on him many nights in a row!   1 long, loud and dirty day of cutting the foundation and the windows were in!!!  YEA!!!!

While the men worked, my mom, the kiddos and I had a ball playing outside and making yummy food for everyone. Will loved showing off his ninja moves.

And Kate loved showing off her gymnastics moves.  It was a really hot weekend, but the work was completed!  I can't wait to see the basement come together!!
 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats Brett! I love home improvement projects...can't wait to see the outcome!